
May I just start this blog by briefly apologizing because I can not for the life of me seem to get the pictures lined up with the print that should go next to them. I tried multiple times AGAIN with this post, and now I am giving up. You all can figure it out :) Sorry!

The Morrow Family Reunion comes along once every so often... and let me tell you, we don't mess around. My dad organized the entire week-long affair at the Maumee Bay State Park Resort area near Toledo, OH. It is right on Lake Erie and a great little getaway. We had 4 cabins and probably 40 or so people there depending on the day. We have dinner together every night under a big dining tent, and every family is in charge of a night. We had a birthday party one night, a carnival (complete with carni games, silly string, funnel cakes, snow cones,etc.) A new York themed dinner which resulted in a hilarious version of Project Runway. We enjoyed Lake Erie, the pool, riding bikes, the nature boardwalk, and the Toledo Zoo. Also, a family favorite, we couldn't miss a day at Cedar Point. The kids enjoyed the day, and mom was nice enough to offer to take the kids home early so that Andy and I could actually ride all our favorite rides (yes, we are coaster crazy.) Evan even got to ride a few roller coasters too! However, it should be noted that I may have officially ended my coaster craze after riding a completely crazy ride called Max Air - the picture of it below is not good, but it gives you the idea. I seriously almost vomited afterward and I have never felt so old and uncool in my life! :( It was a really fun week and always fun to see everyone in the extended family. Vacation with kids can not be called relaxing, but the week really was fun!

Grandma and Grandpa at the zoo with the kids.

Max- Air. That huge spinning wheel has like 60+ people on it. It swings like a pendulum all the way up and past a 90 degree angle. You are spinning around in a circle as it is swinging back and forth. Seriously. I stopped screaming and closed my eyes and just prayed I wouldn't vomit during the ride! Maybe I had just ridden too many in a row (The lines were pretty short that night...) If you've never been to Cedar Point, you really should go. like 20 or so Almost all completely awesome roller coasters. Super fun place!
Uncle Mike playing with the kids on the slip and slide.
Mom and Evan in motion on the scrambler. Again, I do usually avoid any spinning rides. But Evan loved them!
Andy and Corky, my cousin's hubby, enjoying a bean bag toss. Lawn games after dinner were enjoyed by all!
Uncle Mike, Evan and Daddy in line for the Iron Dragon at Cedar Point. Evan really liked it!
Grandma and Evan during an evening gathering...
Evan enjoying a ride in Kiddy Kingdom... this was when we
were just warming him up.
My cousin's kids Devon and Lydia with Evan on
the nature boardwalk.
1 comment:
First, how cute is your family reunion?! It really looked like a a lot of fun!
Second, are you crazy for getting on that ride?! It just looks like there is a pit of puke at the bottom of that thing. Yuck! Still, Cedar Point looked fun over all. Glad you guys had fun!
Post a Comment